Monday, November 3, 2014

Plein Air Painting, Cottage Georgia House Georgia Neighborhood "Spring In Session" by Georgia Artist Deanna Jaugstetter






The Marietta /Cobb Museum of Art sponsored the Third Annual Plein Air Paint Out

As a participant, I arrived at my chosen plein air location on Saturday morning!

The gray skies were threatening rain in the afternoon so I concentrated on finishing my oil painting before the rains came!

 At 2 pm, I began to wrap things up while mixing my puddles of paint with water bouncing around in my pochade box! As we have all heard before, oil and water do not mix!

I had saved the large tree in the front for the last. I managed to get a suggestion of new spring growth in a couple of areas of the tree!

I began to disassemble my tripod and pochade box which was pretty full of water as I was determined to stay there in the rain to complete the painting!

Ahh, the joys of plein air painting!!!

Here is the finished 8 x 10 oil of 26 Sessions Street!

For availability, email Deanna at georgiaartist2013@gmail.com

To view more of my work, visit http://DeannaJaugstetter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment